Marketing and Communications Manager Maternity Cover
A great opportunity to join the GEM Project Team, we are recruiting for a maternity cover for our Marketing and Communications Manager, starting in March 2021.
Please see the job advert below for more details about the role, the skills and experience we are looking for, and how to apply.
Closing date for applications is Monday 15th February. Interviews will be held via Zoom on Monday 22nd February.
GEM Marketing and Communications Manager – Maternity Cover
Salary: £25,500 pro rata
Hours: 0.6FTE / 22.5 hours per week
Contract duration: Fixed term ending 31st January 2022
Employer: Gloucestershire Gateway Trust
The GEM Project is a pioneering and exemplary employability project that supports individuals across Gloucestershire who are experiencing barriers to work to get into or closer to employment through mentoring, goal setting, gaining skills and personal development. The GEM Marketing and Communications Manager effectively develops and manages marketing and communications plans, processes, projects, and campaigns for the GEM Project, undertaking all tasks necessary to ensure their successful delivery.
The role will also work in consultation with Gloucestershire County Council, the Lead Organisation, and must ensure compliance with the branding requirements of The National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund who jointly fund the GEM Project.
Responsibilities include raising awareness of the project to support new referrals into the project, coordinating and delivering a programme of online events for existing participants and continuing to raise the positive perceptions of the project with local employers and key stakeholders to aid the creation of new opportunities. The GEM Marketing Manager will be dynamic, creative, an exceptional communicator and have a good understanding of the employment, education, and support services in the county.
Areas of Responsibility
1) Delivering effective integrated marketing campaigns, stories, materials and communications
- a) The creation of case studies, written and occasionally filmed.
- b) The creation of promotional materials.
- c) Management of the GEM Project website.
- d) Management and content creation for the GEM Project social media channels.
- e) The creation and delivery of integrated campaigns, working with and managing external resources such as design, and working with local media.
2) Management and coordination of the GEM Online programme
- a) Working with the GEM team, partnership and third parties to support the planning of online support and delivery.
- b) Management of a Zoom account and creation and promotion of timetables.
3) Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders
- a) Increase the reach of the GEM newsletter and social media presence.
- b) Ensure internal and external audiences adhere to the required brand guidelines, carrying out audits as required
• Strong marketing and communication skills;
• Ability to act on own initiative;
• Reliability and punctuality;
• Empathy with GEM participants.
• Experience of working in a similar marketing role;
• Good IT skills including Microsoft Office;
• Good competence and understanding of social media channels and experience of scheduling posts;
• Good administrative skills;
• Good writing skills;
• Experience of day-to-day website management;
• Online and offline event management.
Applications are to be made by sending a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via email to email@example.com, and addressed to Jason Dunsford, Head of Employment & Skills at Gloucestershire Gateway Trust. The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 15th February 2021. Interviews will be held via Zoom on Monday 22nd February.
Gloucestershire Gateway Trust is an inclusive employer. Information about this vacancy in alternative formats is available upon request.
For an informal conversation about the role or questions regarding secondment please make contact with Jason Dunsford via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.